Thursday, August 11, 2011

Medical Malpractice? Need some advise please?

I got into a car accident on Feb 4 2011 two weeks after i went to the hospital because i couldnt even walk, they did an MRI and found out i had a herniated disc. and recomemded me to contact a lawyer, some one gave me the name of a lawyer which i did go to his office and signed an agreement that he is going to be the one taking the case. he seem very knowledgeable of this situations. then he gave me a number for a doctor that was taking the "Letter Protection". Letter that means once we get the money from the other insurance company i will pay the doctor. Well!!! i went to this doctor. he took a look at the report (very quick) and told me ok you have a herniated disc... gave me some pain killers and some therapy... guess what! the therapy was on a massage bed for 15 minutes for 6 weeks.... Every time i was going there i was feeling more pain. He said that was normal, only saw me 3 times whitin those weeks. one at the begging, one when he told me it was normal to feel pain and the other one the last one... which was the worse one. Feeling a lot of pain, i told him how i was feeling and he came out with... Ok what do you want to do? i went like uh? you are the doctor give me the options... he said you have your nerves between your bones! I started to wonder!!! We never said anything about that type of case, is just a herniated disc... then like off coursen not knwing what he was talking about... he went to the paperwork (never took a look at the MRI) he said the best is surgery or he can give a Traction package that i can have at home, Surgery is not good neither some injections because that will ruin your spinal cord... i asked him... where is the part in that document (report) stating that i have my nerves between my bones. he looked and then he said you have a herniated disc... tried to look good he started to talk about the traction thing again. i went to my lawyer told him about this... and he talked to this doctor, then he called me back and told me that this "doctor" didnt know what i had. i have to go and look for another doctor, finally i got it. he looked at the MRI with me the same day i was there. first visit. he told me what the ER pple told me. and also said that the injections will be good and they will not hurt my spine because the herniated disc is L5 which is the very end o my spine. i do not have nerves between my bones... not to worry about, and once we are good with the injections i will feel better, guess what. is the time that i feel NO PAIN at all. it took only 3 weeks with this doctor but with the first one it took 6 weeks for me to find out he didnt know nothing about me. and the only thing that he could say was... weeks and thats as good as you going to get. Can i do something about this doctor that didnt know **** about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment