Friday, August 5, 2011

How possible is it to get a reckless driving ticket dropped to something less harsh(read details)?

I was making a protected left turn. I drive a manual transmission, SO a bit past midway through the intersection i shifted from first to second and my tires gave a small squeak. I dont believe i broke the speed limit as i was not going faster than the minivan in front of me which was going rather slow (his speed:10 -15mph, speed limit: 50). So at about this timebit early and my car tops at 20ish in first gear at redline which i was not at. i decided i wanted to pass Mr. Minivan, I will admit that i went from a single protected turn lane to the middle lane. and while this part of my argiment is not legally valid, everyone does that in this city. thats when Mr. Policeman decided to pull me over. he told me my tires were squealing and on the verge of completely losing traction through the entire intersection, i wasnt about to get in a pissing competition with a cop so i didnt admit to any falacies other than that i had just gotten out of work and was on my way home. i explained my actions but he seemed very adamant on giving me a ticket. i think he assumed i was trying to drift around the intersection or something. I neither have the car nor the desire to do such things. so far my only tickets i have gotten were for parking and for walking through a park after it was closed. so i have no previous moving violations. i was wondering if there was any way i could try to get the charge at least dropped to something less as o feel that my driving wasnt particularly reckless other than going into the middle lane. I would rather not have to deal with the huge fines that probably come with these tickets, especially since i dont think I'm completely in the wrong here.

No comments:

Post a Comment